Man attacks wife, children; police say was depressed
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A 40-year-old man was arrested for attacking his wife and two children with "a sharp-edged weapon", leaving his son critically injured. Rohtash Sharma allegedly attacked his family members while they were asleep in their Ashok Vihar home around 2 am on Thursday.
The neighbours, who gathered after hearing the cries for help, rescued Sharma's wife Geeta (35), his daughter Varsha (17) and son Pankaj (14).
Neighbours told police the door was locked from inside and they had to break it down to rescue the three. Police said Sharma was suffering from depression and "was not of a sound mental condition".
The injured were rushed by the neighbours to Columbia Asia Hospital in Palam Vihar; Pankaj was later referred to a Delhi hospital.
Police said they are yet to ascertain the trigger for the attack. Sharma, police said, was financially stable and did not have a past criminal record. A case of attempt to murder has been registered at the Sector-5 police station.
"We have arrested Sharma and he has confessed. Prima facie it seems that he was not of a sound mental condition as there was some dispute over a house he had constructed. We are investigating the matter," Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Surinder Pal Singh said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held