Man beats dog to death, arrested
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A 48-year-old man has been arrested for beating a dog to death in Hari Nagar, West Delhi. Sushil alias Silu (35), who works at crematorium, allegedly attacked the dog in a fit of rage, after he had an altercation with the dog's owner, police said.
In a statement to police, Neha (30), said Sushil came to her house and abused her. He was also carrying a rod and fearing for the safety of the children, Neha asked them to go inside and started shouting for help, police were told.
She told police that the commotion alerted their pet dog, who started barking at Sushil. "The accused hit the dog on the head with the rod. The dog started bleeding and collapsed on the floor," Neha said.
Police was called after Sushil was overpowered by the neighbours. "Sushil was arrested from the spot and a case of under IPC Section 429 (killing an animal) has been registered," a police officer said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow