Man booked for opening fire at Ganesh Mandal members
The Faraskhana police on Friday booked an ex-serviceman for allegedly opening fire from his licensed revolver at some Ganesh mandal members. The suspect, identified as Ram Kishorsingh Tomar, 35, opened fire after a dispute over a petty issue early on Thursday in Budhwar Peth area.
Police said, Tomar, a resident of Bind district of Madhya Pradesh had come to Pune to meet his brother. Investigating officer Dnyandev Bhosale said, "The incident took place around 12.30 am when Tomar stopped by a Ganesh Mandal for nature's call. Some members of the Mandal stopped him and they got into an argument followed by a scuffle."
Bhosale said, "Tomar fired one round towards the members but no one was hurt. He is yet to be arrested." He has been booked under Sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 504 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code as per complaint registered by Sagar Bhokare of Honaji Tarun Ganesh Mandal.
Police said his blood samples have been sent for tests to ascertain if he was under the influence of alcohol.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations