Man caught clicking accused in 2G case
A man, stated to be a CBI sleuth, who tried to capture the high-profile accused in 2G spectrum scam on his cellphone camera in the court was thwarted by the security staff.
Delhi Police, which had taken the person in its possession for sometime, told the reporters that he was a CBI sleuth but refused to identify his name.
This was the second incident that somebody tried to take pictures of the accused in the 2G case.
Earlier, Sohail Hindustani, who has been arrested by the Delhi Police in cash-for-vote scam, was also detected in the courtroom clicking the picture of DMK MP Kanimozhi.
In today's incident, the middle-aged man was caught taking pictures of Swan Telecom Promoter Shaid Balwa and others while they were busy in a discussion with their counsel.
Balwa's attention towards him was drawn due to the flash of the camera.
The drama, which lasted for 15 minutes, took place when special CBI judge O P Saini was not in his chair.
Delhi Police personnel, who were on duty in the Patiala House Complex, said they have seized his mobile phone.
However, reporters who were present in the court to cover the proceedings, saw the man moving out of the court freely.
Asked by reporters why he was taking the picture, the man said "I am from CBI. I only made an attempt to take the picture but was caught before I could take one".
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow