Man commits suicide, wife, in-laws arrested
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
A woman, Rekha Vinod Dangde (23), has been arrested for abetting the suicide of her husband. Her parents have also been arrested for abetment. The three allegedly harassed Vinod Dangde (22), a labourer, prompting him to commit suicide. Vinod's mother had registered the police complaint. Police said Rekha and Vinod, who were related and lived in the same locality at Indira Nagar vasahat in Chinchwad, married seven months ago. They continued to live separately. Vinod's mother alleged that Rekha and her parents harassed Vinod whenever he went to meet her. They also allegedly confiscated his wages. This allegedly prompted him to finally end his life. The court remanded Rekha and her parents in police custody for a day.
Army jawan dies in road accident
Army jawan Amol Thorat (28) from Thergaon and his friend Sandeep Sridhar Vasure died after their bike crashed into a road divider opposite Aundh post office. Amol was to be married next month. The bike dashed against the road divider while taking a turn towards Rakshak chowk.
Man assaults traffic constable, arrested
Deccan police have arrested Pravin Shankar Kadu (29) of Dattawadi for allegedly manhandling a traffic constable, Mangesh Navnath Khedkar, who was towing away Kadu's car allegedly parked in a no-parking zone. On Monday afternoon, Kadu had parked his car at Padale Palace on Khilare road. Khedkar, who was in a towing van spotted the car and gave instructions to colleagues to tow it away. While the car was being towed, Kadu saw it and approached Khedkar. The traffic constable asked him to pay a fine. Kadu allegedly abused him, pulled him out of the van and manhandled him. Khedkar took him to the police station, where he was arrested for assaulting and deterring a public servant from discharging his duty.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations