Man escapes from HP copís custody, booked
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The UT Police registered a case on the complaint of Babu Lal, a Sub-Inspector with the Himachal Police against an accused who escaped from the custody of the SI and his team in Manimajra on Monday. The accused, Kamal Kumar, who managed to escape, was booked by the Himachal Police on charges of theft with a preparation of endangering human life.
The incident took place on January 21, Monday when the accused, Kamal Kumar was being taken from Amritsar to Dhalli. "The accused was on a police remand for robbery. He was taken to Amirtsar by Himachal Police for recovery. Yesterday, when the Himachal Police team was returning to Dhalli with him, their car collided with another car near Fun Cinemas. The police team got into an argument and was distracted," said Yashpal, who is the SHO, Police Station, Manimajra.
Taking advantage of the distracted team, the accused escaped the police custody. Following his escape, SI Babu Lal, Police Station Dhalli registered a complaint with the Manimajra Police Station. The accused has been booked on charges of resistance or obstruction by a person to his lawful apprehension.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'