Man gets 115 years in jail over four rape counts
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
A 42-year-old Malaysian man was today sentenced to a total of 115 years in jail and 50 lashes after he pleaded guilty to four counts of rape and one count of sodomy.
Rabidin Satir, from Sabah, was sentenced by a sessions court in Raub.
The accused had pleaded guilty to three counts to raping a 17-year-old girl and an eight-year-old girl in two separate incidents last year.
Two other charges were over raping and sodomising a 16-year-old girl, news reports said.
The rapist used a knife to threaten his victims, Star newspaper said.
When he was first charged last year, Rabidin had pleaded guilty to raping a nine-year-old girl in 2009
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow