Man held for 20-year-old’s murder
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The police today arrested a 25-year-old man in connection with the alleged murder of a youth in Hasanganj area on Sunday night.
Mahesh, resident of Mardanpur village in Barabanki district, was arrested for allegedly battering to death one Ramdulare (20), a resident of Jamukha area in Rae Bareli, whose body was found in Madehganj area on Monday.
The police had lodged an FIR for murder against unidentified persons on the complaint of Ramdulare's cousin Ramujagar, a resident of Kaiser Bagh area. Ramdulare had come to Lucknow to meet Ramujagar. He had left his cousin's house in Kaiser Bagh for Delhi on Sunday evening and his battered body was recovered from Madehganj area next morning.
Hasanganj Station House Officer Javed Khan said the police found the name of Shyam with the help of call data records of Ramdulare's phone, which showed that Shyam had called Ramdulare after he left his cousin's house.
He said when questioned Shyam told the police that he had taken Ramdulare with him to Madehganj. After Ramdulare got drunk, Shyam killed him by hitting him with a boulder, Khan said. Khan said Shyam was jealous of Ramdulare as he 'had a relation' with a girl in Mardanpur village, who the arrested person liked.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'