Man held for molesting 7-year-old
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
A Dombivli resident was arrested Tuesday for allegedly abducting, confining and molesting his neighbour's seven-year-old daughter at his residence. The accused, Nivrutti Bansode (35), has been booked under the Indian Penal Code as well as the stringent Protection of Children against Sexual Offences Act (PCSOA), 2012.
Vishnu Nagar police said the incident occurred around 8.30 pm on Tuesday. "The victim was playing outside her Indira Nagar residence when Bansode saw her. He picked her up, covered her mouth with his hand and took her to his residence. He bound her hands and feet and gagged her, after which he tried to rape her," said an officer.
Meanwhile, the victim's mother returned home from market. When she did not find her daughter at the spot she had left her, she called out to her. On hearing her mother's voice, the victim started struggling as well. Bansode panicked and untied her. He threatened her with dire consequences if she told anyone about the incident and let her go, police said.
The victim narrated the entire incident to her mother, who then approached the police.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations