Man held for ‘raping’ two nieces in Navsari
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A 43-year-old man was arrested Friday for allegedly raping his two nieces in Billimora taluka of Navsari district.
According to police, the incident took place in Vagrecha village of Billimora taluka in Navsari district, a couple of days ago. The suspect Suresh Nayka was staying jobless at home with his wife and two children.
On Tuesday afternoon, he had visited his cousin's house in the same village and found eight-year-old niece alone. He had reportedly brought the girl to his home and allegedly raped her. He also threatened her not to disclose anything about the incident to anyone, and later dropped the girl at her own house, police said.
Next day, Suresh again had visited another cousin's house in the same village and brought his 10-year-old niece to his home finding her alone in their house. She was raped several times, police said. Later in the night, the victim had complained about severe stomach ache and disclosed the entire story in front of her mother.
The parents of the 10-year-old victim talked to their relatives in the village and learnt about the same incident that had happened to one more girl. All of them had reportedly gone to Suresh house in the same night, but he was found missing.
On Thursday, the parents of rape victims lodged an FIR against him at Billimora police station and on Friday police arrested Suresh from an agricultural field in the village.
Both the rape victims were sent to civil hospital in Navsari for medical examination, police said.
Billimora police Sub-Inspector V K Gadhvi said, "We have arrested Suresh. He is jobless and his wife goes out to neighbouring villages to work as a domestic helper in the afternoon. Suresh has also confessed to his crime."
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet