Man murders friend for demanding snacks
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A man was murdered by his friend for asking him to get snacks and water when they were consuming alcohol on Wednesday night in Malwani. Malwani police arrested 30-year-old Randhir Gaurang for allegedly killing Tanaji Kamble.
A quarrel started between them as Gaurang was irked by Kamble's demand for food and water, when they were consuming alcohol at Ruia compound, police said. "Kamble kept asking Gaurang to get snacks and water to which he refused. Kamble picked up a bamboo stick to hit him. Gaurang picked up a stone and hit Kamble on the head and fled," said A Shaikh, senior police inspector of Malwani police.
Kamble was a Charkop resident who got acquainted with Gaurang in Malwani where Kamble's brother Vasant and Gaurang are neighbours.
Cops said Malwani residents spotted the body and informed them. Cops questioned Vasant who told them Kamble had gone with Gaurang.
Gaurang was traced through his mobile phone location and was arrested from Poisar of Kandivali.
Youth arrested for killing friend
Dahisar police arrested 20-year-old Ramesh Madesiya on Thursday for allegedly killing his friend with a hammer five days ago. Cops had earlier detained him, but he was let off after questioning as the police suspected the hand of a serial killer in the murder of the flour mill owner.Cops said the victim identified as Phulchandra Yadav (50) lived alone in the same room where he ran the flour mill. Five days ago, Yadav was drinking with Madesiya when the two got into an argument over a trivial issue. In a fit of rage, Madesiya picked up a hammer lying next to him and hit Yadav on the head, said the police.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held