Married man murders mistress, arrested while dumping body
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
According to police, Dutt and Rina (22) had an argument over finances, following which he strangled her. Police said Dutt married over a year ago and got into a relationship with Rina around seven months ago.
Dutt works for a sanitary store in Uttam Nagar and used to provide financial support to Rina, police said.
"Rina studied in Class X from an open school and also worked as part-time beautician. Her father passed away a few weeks ago, and she stayed with her mother and two brothers in Arjun Vihar. The financial condition of her family was not good. Rina's salary was not enough to support the family, so she used to take monetary assistance from Dutt," a police officer said.
"Dutt found it difficult to give money to Rina, given his limited salary. This frustrated him," the officer said.
On Wednesday, Rina met Dutt around 6.30 in the evening. Dutt picked her up from Arjun Vihar in his Maruti 800, and the two drove towards Nawada.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) V Renganathan said, "Rina asked for more money, which angered Dutt. He strangulated her using her dupatta. The couple first had an argument, after which he killed her."
Police said Dutt placed the body between the rear and the front seat of the car and drove to Nawada. He parked his car near Metro Pillar 700, near Nawada Metro station, and was trying to pull the body out, when two beat constables noticed him, police said.
"The two beat constables saw the man pulling out something heavy from the car. They got suspicious, checked the car and found the woman's body between the two seats. The accused was arrested from the spot and a case of murder was registered against him," a police officer said.
Police said Dutt confessed to the murder during questioning.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet