Man rapes toddler, gets 32 yrs in jail
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
The court noted that the stolen mobile phone was immediately put on surveillance.
Police found out through the call records that Yadav had made calls to his family (in Bihar) from both the phones.
The investigating officer also collected the voice recordings of the caller who had dialled 100 from the stolen mobile phone and the same was sent to the forensic science laboratory for voice analysis.
After Yadav was arrested, his blood samples were sent for DNA fingerprinting with the exhibits picked up from the crime scene. The forensic evidence formed conclusive proof of his guilt.
Lau denied the defence plea that Yadav should be given a lenient sentence owing to his age. "Leaving him at large would be hazardous to the community," the court said. "What the convict has done is unimaginable, unthinkable and chilling. This is something even an animal would not do."
The court imposed a fine of Rs 70,000 on Yadav, which will be given to the girl as compensation. The court has also asked the Delhi government to pay a compensation of Rs 1 lakh to the family of the girl for her welfare and rehabilitation.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held