Man seen waving slipper at Nitish Kumar
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
A man was allegedly seen waving slipper towards Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at a public meeting in Madhubani district but the Superintendent of Police denied occurrence of such an incident.
Standing among a group of protesters, an unidentified man was allegedly seen waving a sleeper at Kumar from distant place at the venue of the public meeting, an incident that the electronic news channel caught in their cameras.
However, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Saurabh Kumar flatly refused that such an incident took place at the Chief Minister's public meeting.
"You could see from the footage that the protesters were looking at the cameras when the alleged incident took place and by that time the Chief Minister had left the venue after making speech," Kumar said.
"The footage being show by the electronic news channel (man allegedly showing sleeper at the Chief Minister) is absolutely fabricated," he said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow