Man shoots at ‘lover’, self
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A man allegedly shot at a girl before shooting himself in Gudamba area on Thursday afternoon. Both were hospitalised in a critical condition.
The police said Deepak Soni (22), a resident of Rajauli village, shot at Shivanshi Soni (20) who lives in his neighbourhood, with a country-made gun. Shivanshi had gone to buy some medicines when Deepak met her and shot at her head after a brief argument. Later, he shot himself. Police said Deepak is a goldsmith and works at a jewellery store in Aliganj area, while Shivanshi is not employed and stays at home. Sub-Inspector Dheeraj Singh, who is investigating the case, said a note was recovered from Deepak's pocket which said that they had been in love since childhood but were unable to get married as Shivanshi cannot talk to her family about their relationship. Therefore, Deepak was killing the girl and himself, said the note.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet