Man shoots wife dead outside court
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A man on Wednesday shot dead his wife with a 0.32 bore revolver outside a judicial complex in Bathinda, which was declared as a high security zone with World Cup Kabaddi semi-final matches being played in the sports stadium. Mewa Singh, the accused man in his 40s, was arrested.
While Mewa Singh murdered his wife Malkait Kaur, he also injured his wife's nephew Gurvinder Singh and another relative Sukhwinder Kaur. The incident took place around 11.30 am on the busy road outside the judicial complex. The injured have been admitted in a critical condition at a private hospital.
Malkiat and Mewa were living separately for the last two years and a court case was on between the duo. While Malkiat used to stay in Thandewal village in Muktsar along with her parents, Mewa stayed in Bathinda city. On Wednesday, they had come for a hearing in the judicial complex. Just after the hearing, Malkait entered into an argument with Mewa Singh and in a fit of anger, he shot her.
In another incident, a policeman — supposed to be on duty outside the sports stadium— was found driving a private vehicle and rammed into a teenager, killing her. Constable Rachpal Singh, posted in Fazilka, was later arrested.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held