Man stabbed over Rs 1,000
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A 25-year-old man was killed by his friend in eastern Mumbai's Tilak Nagar area on Friday after an altercation over money between them. Police said, the victim, Harun Sarkar, was killed by his friend Suresh Dawande (22). "Sarkar began abusing Dawande when he was refused Rs 1,000.
An argument ensued and during a fight Sarkar took out a pocket knife and tried stabbing Dawande. In retaliation, Dawande snatched the knife and stabbed him," police said. Sarkar was rushed to Rajawadi Hospital where he was declared dead on arrival. A case of murder was registered against Dawande under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code. "We have arrested him and recorded his statement. Investigations are on," police said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM