Man stabbed to death
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A man was allegedly stabbed to death on Saturday night by an unidentified person at Navapura crossroads in the city. The victim's cousin also sustained injuries, police said.
The incident occurred when Kantibhai Patel and Mukesh Patel were returning home from a party. Kantibhai died on the spot, police said.
The Vatva police said as per Mukesh's statement, when the duo reached the crossroads, an unknown man came up to them and said, "What is the time?" Kantibhai reportedly replied, "I don't know. I am not wearing a watch".
The suspect stabbed Kantibhai on his face, neck and chest several times, police said. Mukesh, who tried to intervene, also received stab injuries, police added. Both were casual labourers.
The police have lodged a case of murder and begun further probe.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’