Man sues ex-wife for 'stealing his frozen sperm'
An Emirati man is suing his Russian ex-wife for stealing his frozen sperm to get pregnant without his knowledge.
The man from Abu Dhabi said that shortly before their divorce, his Russian wife was secretly inseminated with his sperm at a clinic where they had earlier sought fertility treatment.
The couple split less than three weeks later, the 'Daily Mail' reported.
"I am angry it was done without my knowledge. I want justice. This is not acceptable," he said.
The couple, who have not been named, were desperate for a baby during their four-year marriage and twice sought fertility treatment at a clinic in the UAE without success.
As the marriage was falling apart, the wife went to Russia where she underwent further fertility treatment without telling him.
The claimant told Abu Dhabi Appeals Court when his wife returned to the UAE, she went back to the original clinic and forged his signature on forms consenting to the use of his sperm in storage.
He only discovered he had become a father four months after the divorce when she told his friend what she had done.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow