Man tonsures wife's head suspecting illicit relationship
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Suspecting his wife of having an illicit relationship, a man allegedly tonsured his wife's head and hanged her upside down in Mall area here, police said today.
The accused Shiv Kumar, who was in an inebriated state, beat his wife on October three, tied her hands and then tonsured her head.
The accused along with his brothers then hanged her upside down and left the place after throwing chilly powder on her face leaving her unconscious, police said on the basis of the complaint.
An FIR has been registered in the matter and police has launched a manhunt to nab Shiv Kumar and his brothers Ram and Shiv Baran.
Taking note of the laxity of police in dealing with the case, authorities have suspended the SHO and sent three constables to police lines.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held