Man who snatched copís pistol arrested
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
The city Detection of Crime Branch on Monday arrested a history-sheeter who had allegedly assaulted a police sub-inspector, snatched his service revolver and committed two murders in the city. The man was arrested along with two of his accomplices who were allegedly helping him commit loots in the city.
Based on a tip-off, the suspect was arrested from Narol Circle in Ahmedabad where he was allegedly found with two counrymade pistols and nine live cartridges. The suspect was identified as Adam alias Javed Sandhi of Jamnagar who had allegedly assaulted a SI, Gaurishankar Tiwari of Sabarmati police station, in 2003 and snatched his service revolver.
"Adam is a drug addict who wanted quick money to buy drugs and ran local gangs. He had committed two murders in Rajkot and Morbi towns. In one of these cases, they had looted a trader at gun point and later burnt his body. He had used service revolver of the SI to kill the trader. The case remained undetected for 10 years," DCP (Crime) Himanshu Shukla told reporters.
DCB officials said around 50 criminal offences are registered against Adam in several police stations across the state.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held