Manisha Koirala 'shocked' about cancer, says 'I'll recover'
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Actress Manisha Koirala has assured fans that she is in "good hands" amid reports that she is suffering from ovarian cancer.
The 42-year-old actress is currently in the US for treatment. In a Facebook message, Manisha hoped that she would recover but stayed mum on her diagnosis.
"Dear friends thank you for all your wishes... I m in good place n in good hands..with all your love n prayers I'm sure I'll recover...it was shocking to know but then life is full of surprises...one must deal with it n move on with faith n dignity.(sic)," Manisha wrote.
"...what ever is th out come its for best..I know that...so pl don't worry...I have had a beautiful life so far n I know, what ever will happen will all be good...thank you from bottom of my heart for your prayers...love m koirala (sic)."
In a similar message, Manisha wrote, "Dear friends I m writing this as a request..pl no sadness,I hv told my closest friends n fam too..this is part of life..I m fine n will be fine no matter th out come..I m in gratitude with all the gifts I hv received from this life..like your love n prayers..lets celebrate life in all forms..thank you again for ur prayers...love m.(sic)"
Born in Nepal, Manisha made her Bollywood debut with 'Saudagar' in 1991 and went on to star in successful films like '1942: A Love Story', 'Agni Sakshi', 'Bombay', 'Khamoshi: The Musical' and 'Company'.
Her last release was Ramgopal Varma's 'Bhoot Returns'.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow