Manís ear chopped off in road rage case
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A Delhi resident was assaulted and his ear was chopped off in an alleged case of road rage in Harola, Noida, on Monday evening. Police said the victim, Ravi Rastogi, is a resident of Ashok Vihar and was in Noida for work.
"Rastogi was on his way to Sector-6 with his brother Mukesh on Monday evening and their motorcycle broke down. Rastogi went ahead on foot to look for a mechanic. He claims four men, who were on motorcycles, hit him. There was a heated argument and they started beating him and one of them chopped off his ear, " a police officer said.
Rastogi said he informed two policemen who were nearby. "They asked me to go to the hospital. While I understand their concern for my health, they showed no inclination to apprehend them," Rastogi said.
He was first sent to Kailash Hospital and later referred to a hospital in Delhi.
A senior officer said a case has been registered at the Sector-20 police station. "One of the accused has been identified as Kalu, a resident of Harola. Eyewitnesses helped identify him. We have set up teams and arrests will be made soon. Further investigations are underway. We are also looking at the role of the two constables concerned. If any laxity is found, they will also face action," the officer said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow