Maoist violence in Junglemahal to be made into documentary
The turbulence in Junglemahal, comprising three districts of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia, during the Maoist heyday will now be captured on celluloid. Young director Sanghamitra Choudhury, who is making the docu-feature, said that her film would confine itself to projecting the impact of the long Maoists-security forces conflict on the residents of the area. "My film Chhaya Juddho (Shadow War) deals with the human side of the situation, for which I have interacted with local residents many of whom belong to various committees in the Maoist hotbed," said Choudhary. The movie would centre around a man loosely based on the real life character of a slain top Maoist leader, but in another name. The character of a surrendered woman Maoist leader, who shares the surname with the dreaded real life Maoist leader Jagori Baske, also crops up in the movie.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow