Marilyn Monroe in new Chanel ad
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Sixty years after Marilyn Monroe made public her love for Chanel No 5, the screen goddess is part of a commercial released by the fashion house to promote the fragrance.
Chanel has released the second chapter of their 'Inside Chanel' series, titled 'Marilyn and No 5'. The two-minute, 30-second commercial contains previously unreleased images of Monroe with her favorite perfume as well as the never-before-heard audio where she actually spoke her now-famous words about sleeping in Chanel, a media report said.
"They ask you questions like... What do you wear to bed - A pajama top? The bottoms of the pajama? A nightgown? So I said, 'Chanel No 5' because it's the truth! ...And yet I don't want to say 'nude'!," Monroe had said way back in 1952.
The screen siren's love affair with Chanel No 5 was probably one of the most successful marketing campaigns ever, and it wasn't even commissioned.
Over the years, the fragrance has been represented by famous faces such as Carole Bouquet, Estella Warren, Nicole Kidman.
The iconic scent has a loyal list of A-list celeb fans including Eva Mendes, Victoria Beckham, Jessica Alba, Celine Dion and Claudia Schiffer.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held