Marlon Samuels, Darren Bravo lift West Indies in 2nd test
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
He fell just four short of equalling the highest ever individual score by a number 10 batsman set by Walter Read for England against Australia at The Oval in 1884.
Mohammad Mahmudullah was dismissed in the third over of the day when he gave Darren Sammy a return catch after scoring a solid 76.
He had helped Hasan add 184 runs for the ninth wicket to lift the home team from a precarious 193-8 on the first day.
Their partnership fell just 11 short of the world record ninth-wicket partnership by South African pair Mark Boucher and Pat Symcox against Pakistan in Johannesburg in 1998.
Mahmudullah hit nine boundaries during his almost three-hour stay.
Edwards was the pick of the bowlers with 6-90, his 12th five-wicket haul in Test matches. Sammy chipped in with 3-74.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow