Married man held for raping student
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings
- Just in: Pune Warriors withdraw from the Indian Premier League
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
A 19-year-old Delhi University student alleged that she was raped by a 28-year-old man whom she befriended on social networking site Orkut.
The woman alleged that the accused, identified as Kamaldeep Pachar, raped her for three years on the pretext of marrying her and later left her, police said.
A police team was sent to Allahabad and the accused was arrested.
The incident was reported from South Delhi's Lodhi Colony area.
The woman said she met Kamaldeep in 2010.
"She said they became very good friends on the social networking site and then exchanged phone numbers. She said the accused forced himself on her many times and promised to marry her," a senior police officer said.
The woman said she recently met a common friend, who told her that Kamaldeep had married another woman.
"The DU student said she tried to contact him later but he did not respond. When she met him after that, he denied that he had married and fled to Allahabad," police said.
It was found that he had married a woman from Allahabad three months ago and he also continued his relationship with the victim, sexually exploiting her on several occasions, police said. Further investigation in the case is underway.
A similar incident was reported from Mehrauli, South Delhi. Police arrested two persons for allegedly molesting and raping a 21-year-old woman, who lives in Gurgaon.
She was in a relationship with one of them.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held