'Maruti most trusted auto brand'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to four-wicket win
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki is the most trusted automotive brand in India but when it comes to branded fashion Indians swear by Armani, rating the Italian label as the best, according to a report.
As per 'The Brand Trust Report, India Study 2012', complied by Brand Trust Advisory, Maruti Suzuki is followed by BMW, Hero Honda, Toyota and Honda in the list of the most trusted automotive brands in India.
Other automobile brands such as Ford, Audi, Skoda, Hero and Yamaha also feature in the list of top ten trusted automotive brands, the report said.
Interestingly, Hyundai Motor India Ltd and Tata Motors -- the second and third biggest car makers in India did not make it to the top ten list.
While Maruti Suzuki Dzire has been rated as the most trusted car, BMW has been rated as the most trusted luxury car brand.
When it comes to branded fashion, Armani steals the show with number one rating, followed by Gucci and Diesel.
Esprit, Dolce & Gabana, Playboy, Denim, Tommy Hilfiger, Dunhill and CalvinKlein are the other brands in the top ten list.
"The report measures 61 tangible and intangible aspects of brand trust, which combine to encompass all positive behaviours and attitudes toward a brand," Trust Research Advisory CEO N Chandramouli said.
In the consumer products segment, respondents rated Lux at the top spot, followed by Ponds and Dove.
In food and beverages, Pepsi, Cadbury's and Parle are rated as number one, two and three respectively, Dabur has been rated as the most trusted brand in healthcare business followed by Johnson & Johnson and Himalaya.
When asked about the top diversified business houses in India, respondents said they trusted Tata the most, followed by Bajaj, Reliance and Godrej.
In the consumer durables sector, LG enjoys the numero uno position followed by Samsung, Sony, Onida and Videocon.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow