Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra & Mahindra, Hyundai sales growth on cruise control
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The reduction in differential between diesel and petrol prices and the recent RBI's decision to cut repo rate are progressive steps and should continue, he added.
Another car maker Renault India reported over five-fold jump in sales at 4,914 units. It had sold a total of 885 vehicles during January 2012.
On the two-wheeler category, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) reported 21.63 per cent growth in its total sales for January 2013 at 2,30,304 units. Its total sales had stood at 1,89,353 units in the corresponding month of the last year.
India Yamaha Motor reported a 13.25 per cent increase in its domestic sales at 29,785 units during January 2013 compared to 26,300 units in the same month last year.
Suzuki Motorcycle India too reported 13.91 per cent rise in its sales at 39,982 units in January 2013. It had sold 35,099 units in the same month of 2012.
Stocks More on Tata Motors
Company INFO More on Maruti Suzuki
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations