'Masaba' to hit Europe markets in next six months
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
After wowing desi fashionistas with her quirky prints, abstract patterns and bold hues, young designer Masaba Gupta is now eyeing markets outside India with plans to retail her creative designs in Europe in the next six months.
"It's going to happen soon and in the next six months for sure in Europe but I just can't put a finger on what," Masaba told PTI today on the sidelines of the launch of Nokia's new mobile phones.
Adorning a trade mark Tamil print, which reportedly swept the audience off their feet at the very recent Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Masaba said, "There is no inspiration behind incorporating Tamil print into my designs. It's just that some people like colours, some people like digital prints; it's a very personal choice more than anything. I have grown up seeing prints."
The 24-year-old designer retails quirky cow, palm and camera motifs on her clothes. Her trademark Tamil prints were quite popular at the recently concluded Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week here.
"There is no inspiration behind incorporating Tamil print into my designs. It's just that some people like colours, some people like digital prints; it's a very personal choice more than anything. I have grown up seeing prints."
Even though she does not know how to speak the Tamil language, she said she was very careful while using it her design.
"I have grown up seeing quirky things and that's just has become a part of my design sense. These Tamil prints appeal to me, the Tamil language is beautiful so it's very appealing. And I made sure that I was using the Tamil alphabets, so that I do not get into trouble," said Masaba.
Possibly the youngest creative director to head an established design house - Satya Paul- Masaba says her main focus will be on how to turn things around for the brand. Her own label named after herself will also soon make its presence felt in not only apparels, but also cutlery, watches, shoes, bags.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Mumbai police say they too may seek custody of arrested pacer
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet