Mathura martyr’s family resumes dharna, demands his head be brought back
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The family of Lance Naik Hemraj Singh, who was killed and beheaded by the Pakistani Army along the border of Jammu and Kashmir on January 8, resumed their dharna today and vowed to remain on fast until his severed head is found and returned to them.
Hemraj's younger brother Jai Singh said his family was not ready to believe that the body which was brought to their house by army officials belongs to Hemraj. "Our family wants the head of Hemraj to be given to us," he said.
Asked how he knew that the head was missing, Jai Singh said army officials who brought the body had told them that the head was not with the body. "They did not allow us to to remove the cloth in which the body was wrapped," he said.
Hemraj's elder brother Pooran Singh said their mother Meena Devi hadn't had food and medicine since she got to know that the head was missing. Hemraj's wife Dharamwati Dev is also dharna.
Village pradhan Dharam Veer Singh and sub-divisional magistrate Anil Kumar Mishra, however, claimed that no dharna was being organised. The family is mourning the death of Hemraj, they said.
On Saturday morning, the residents of Shernagar village and Hemraj's relatives staged a dharna. Residents said that despite Hemraj's sacrifice no one from state or central government had come to meet the family. Late afternoon the dharna was called off after persuasion from the administration.
A late night PTI report said the condition of the mother and wife of Hemraj deteriorated, with a team of doctors rushing to their residence.
Gadkari to visit
BJP national president Nitin Gadkari will meet the family of Lance Naik Hemraj at their home in Mathura district on Monday. Former UP chief minister Rajnath Singh and party state president Laxmikant Bajpai will accompany him.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow