Max India interim dividend at 500%
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Diversified firm Max India today announced interim dividend of 500 per cent for its shareholders for the current fiscal.
This translates to Rs 10 per share, Max India said in a statement. The record date for the dividend has been set at November 23, 2012, it added.
A sustained increase in profitability, inflow from maiden dividend declared by Max Life coupled with Rs 802 crore received by Max India from the recent transaction involving acquisition of 26 per cent stake in its life insurance subsidiary Max Life by Mitsui Sumitomo, has significantly boosted the treasury corpus, it said.
Max Life is 70 per cent owned by Max India.
Analjit Singh, Chairman, Max India said: "Max India has successfully led the transition of its businesses from incubation to performance and growth. Our shareholders have stayed patiently with us through this period, and it is only fair that we reward them in the form of this dividend."
Shares of Max India closed 0.72 per cent higher at Rs 243.35 per share on BSE.
Stocks More on
Company INFO More on
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held