Mayor inaugurates green belt
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Chandigarh:Mayor Raj Bala Malik on Monday inaugurated a newly developed green belt in Sector 7. Covering an area of 3.10 acres, the green belt was constructed at a cost of Rs 27 lakh. The Mayor stated that while the civic body was developing green belts it was the responsibility of the residents to contribute towards their maintenance.
Children's Day celebrated at Central State Library
Chandigarh:The T S Central State Library in Sector 17 has begun week long competitions for Children's Day. The competitions include story telling, calligraphy, clay modeling, general quiz, extempore, hasya k avi s ammelan, face painting and books and internet search for children from class 3 to Class 5.
Ballet performed at Vivek High School
Chandigarh:As a part of the seventeenth Founder's Week celebrations at Vivek High School Sector 38, the senior students presented a ballet, Samarpan, directed and choreographed by Shakti Roberts. Based on the book 'Hugging of the Trees' by Thomas Weber, the ballet opened with the five elements, Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space being in complete harmony but the humankind, due to its ignorance, disturbs the ecology.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM