Mayor lays UGR foundation stone
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Encroachment cleared from 12 parks
Chandigarh: The Enforcement Wing of the Municipal Corporation with the Horticulture Department on Wednesday cleared encroachments from 12 small parks in Manimajra. Of these four parks were present in Indira Colony and eight in New Indira Colony. Huts, dumped rickshaws, cycles and autos were removed from the parks.
Woman injured in gas stove explosion
Chandigarh: A 28-year old woman, Rukya, sustained 35 per cent burns while cooking in her house at 12 noon as the gas stove blasted. The woman was admitted to PGI and her condition is said to be stable. Rukya is married and has three children.
Rs 4 lakh stolen from wedding
Chandigarh: The UT police on Wednesday registered a case of a bag containing cash worth Rs four lakhs being stolen from a wedding function at Hotel Mountview. However, it is not clear from the CCTV footage who picked the bag. One of the police officials said that during the wedding ceremony of the complainant, Sukhwinder Singh, a resident of Mohali, someone stole the handbag of his wife which contained cash and two mobile phones.
Man booked for raping 25-year-old
Chandigarh: The UT police on Wednesday registered a case against a resident of Manimajra and two others who allegedly raped a girl. The three have been booked on charges of punishment of rape and criminal conspiracy. Police said that the 25-year old victim, was promised by her first cousin, Razik two years ago that he will marry. Razik along with his brother and sister-in-law had also approached the parents of the victim and were in the process of finalizing the date for marriage.
However, the trio fled before the date could be finalized.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM