Mayor lists own ‘achievements’
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Pointing out the construction of the overbridge in Sector 17, the approval of the plan for the multilevel parking lot and that of additional storeys on the MC building as some of her contributions to the city, Mayor Raj Bala Malik listed out her achievements at the fag end of her tenure.
Addressing a press conference on Wednesday, the Mayor listed out among her achievements some projects that had been completed in the previous years or had not been started this year. One such project was the setting up of community parking lots in the city. While the pilot project was inaugurated last year, proposals for new community parking lots were not approved.
The Mayor stated that green belts have been set up in different sectors. However, in the southern sectors that were listed out, the work for developing the green belts is yet to start. While there are stray dogs in abundance in the city, the Mayor stated that the menace has been tackled.
The proposal for the multilevel parking lot is still stuck in the pipeline due to environmental clearance not having been given. The proposal for the multilevel parking lot as well as the overbridge were mooted last year. Carpeting of around 200 kilometres of road this year as well as construction of public toilets are among the other achievements.
During her tenure she inaugurated a number of green belts and renovated community centres. Among the green belts were those that had been operational since last year. A renovated primary school was also inaugurated.
Online grievance redressal system launched
An online grievance redressal system was launched on the occasion. This will enable the residents to file their complaints online. An SMS will be generated informing about the complaint number. The complaint of different departments will be sent to the concerned officials. Apart from the officers concerned, the Municipal Commissioner will be able to keep a track of all the complaints.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow