Mayor lists own ‘achievements’
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Pointing out the construction of the overbridge in Sector 17, the approval of the plan for the multilevel parking lot and that of additional storeys on the MC building as some of her contributions to the city, Mayor Raj Bala Malik listed out her achievements at the fag end of her tenure.
Addressing a press conference on Wednesday, the Mayor listed out among her achievements some projects that had been completed in the previous years or had not been started this year. One such project was the setting up of community parking lots in the city. While the pilot project was inaugurated last year, proposals for new community parking lots were not approved.
The Mayor stated that green belts have been set up in different sectors. However, in the southern sectors that were listed out, the work for developing the green belts is yet to start. While there are stray dogs in abundance in the city, the Mayor stated that the menace has been tackled.
The proposal for the multilevel parking lot is still stuck in the pipeline due to environmental clearance not having been given. The proposal for the multilevel parking lot as well as the overbridge were mooted last year. Carpeting of around 200 kilometres of road this year as well as construction of public toilets are among the other achievements.
During her tenure she inaugurated a number of green belts and renovated community centres. Among the green belts were those that had been operational since last year. A renovated primary school was also inaugurated.
Online grievance redressal system launched
An online grievance redressal system was launched on the occasion. This will enable the residents to file their complaints online. An SMS will be generated informing about the complaint number. The complaint of different departments will be sent to the concerned officials. Apart from the officers concerned, the Municipal Commissioner will be able to keep a track of all the complaints.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held