MC finance panel to meet on Feb 11
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A meeting of the Finance and Contract Committee of the Municipal Corporation will be held on February 11. Apart from the budget of the civic body that will come up for discussion, an agenda pertaining to the Rose Festival and cow sheds being given to NGOs for maintenance will be discussed.
The Rose Festival is scheduled to be held from February 22 to 24. As many as 14 councillors have been appointed observers of committees constituted for different functions. A grant of Rs 20 lakh is being provided by the UT Administration for the festival. A number of events will be held.
Meanwhile, the MC is mooting a proposal to give the existing cow sheds to the NGOs for maintenance. The issue had caused much ruckus in the MC House after some cows had died in one of the cattle sheds. Some NGOs have come forward to take care of the maintenance. F&CC will take a decision on whether the cattle sheds should be given to the NGOs.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held