MCís okay must to dig tubewells in city, Khanna
The Central Ground Water Authority of India has notified Ludhiana city and the Khanna area, looking at the falling ground water level. For any new digging of tubewells, both organisations and individuals need to seek permission from the Municipal Corporation for the same. This was stated by DC Rahul Tiwari.
He stated that individual tubewell motor cannot be of more than 1 horsepower strength and it should be used only for domestic purpose only. One person can install only one tubewell and in case the previous tubewell is faulty, the person needs to given an undertaking that the faulty tubewell bore will be used as a recharge well, informed the DC.
He stated that action as per the environment act will be taken against the persons if they will continue digging tubewells without seeking permission and even their entire equipment will also be seized.
The applicants also need to make adequate arrangements for rain water harvesting as well apart from digging a borewell, told the DC.
Permission needs to be taken by the organisations, Government departments as well for installing any new tubewell in their premises. However it needs to be mentioned that individual bores are being done in large numbers in the city owing to the shortage of water, but there is no check on the capacity of the motor being installed by the users and even hardly any permission is being sought by the individuals, though such orders were issued by the DC even last year as well.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow