Mcleod Russel Q3 net profit up by over 5 per cent
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
McLeod Russel Ltd (MCLR), the world's biggest tea grower, today posted a little over five per cent rise in net profit at Rs 123.15 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
Its net profit stood Rs 117.11 crore in the corresponding period last year, the company said in a filing to the BSE. Total income rose to Rs 448.13 crore during the third quarter of the current fiscal from Rs 404.75 crore in the corresponding quarter of previous fiscal.
The company's net profit grew marginally as expenses remained higher at Rs 319.79 crore during the review period.
MCLR produces approximately 100 million kg of high quality tea a year from tea estates in Assam, West Bengal, Vietnam, Uganda and Rwanda. The company exports tea to Europe, the Middle East and North America.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held