Meanwhile: UP police chief seeks death penalty for rape & murder
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
UP police chief seeks death penalty for rape & murder
LUCKNOW: Uttar Pradesh DGP Ambrish Chandra Sharma Friday sought death penalty in cases of murder after rape. "I have written a letter to the state government asking it to take up the matter with Centre to ensure provisions of death penalty in cases of murder after rape," Sharma said. He also said eve-teasers or sexual harassment accused must be imprisoned immediately.
Lawyers body won't defend accused in women crimes
KENDRAPARA: Setting a precedent of sorts, lawyers' body in Orissa's Kendrapara has made up its mind to stay away from defending people facing trial in cases like rape, molestation and eve-teasing. While the move has evoked appreciative gesture from various spheres, legitimacy of the decision has come under sharp debate with legal fraternity raising question.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow