National Investigation Agency questions Rajender Chaudhary in Mecca Masjid blast case
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) today continued with the custodial interrogation of Rajender Chaudhary, an accused in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast case, for the third consecutive day here.
A local court had earlier granted custody of Chaudhary to NIA from March 11, to question him in connection with the Mecca Masjid blast case. He will remain in their custody for 15-days till March 26.
"Rajender Chaudhary's questioning is still on," NIA sources said today. The NIA wanted to question Chaudhary for his alleged role in planting a bomb at Mecca Masjid and brought him to the city from Haryana on a transit warrant.
Chaudhary, an alleged key accused in the Samjhauta blast case, also known as Samundar Singh among the right-wing extremists, was arrested in December last year by the NIA from Ujjain.
A cellphone controlled pipe bomb had gone off at the historic Mecca Masjid here during Friday prayers on May 18, 2007 killing nine persons. Five others were killed after police opened fire at a mob protesting the blast.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations