Medical negligence: US doc gets Rs 1.77 cr in damages
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
On Friday, the NCDRC fixed Rs 1,77,87,500 as the amount of compensation. Of this, Saha would get Rs 1,55,60,000 within eight weeks. The NCDRC said the hospital and Dr Mukherjee would have to pay Rs 40.40 lakh each, and Dr Halder and Dr Prasad Rs 26.93 lakh each. The court has also awarded compensation of Rs 5 lakh towards cost of litigation. As Dr Chaudhury is no more, the compensation amount to be paid by him was deducted.
Sandip Jhunjhunwala, associate vice-president of the hospital, said he would comment only after getting a copy of the order.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet