Meeting held on rotational headship at PU inconclusive
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Nothing concrete has come out after a committee, constituted by the Panjab University (PU) Vice-Chancellor Prof Arun Kumar Grover, met on Tuesday to discuss all the issues related to rotational headship in the various departments including institutes, centres and schools of the varsity.
One of the committee members, requesting anonymity said, "It was non-conclusive meeting. Members have decided that some new mechanism on the patterns of the existing rules might be evolved to settle the issue."
It is learnt that the committee will meet again in the coming weeks to reach a conclusion.
The problem regarding the headship is prevalent in the departments like University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS), University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET), Dr Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospitals.
Even Punjab University Teachers Association (PUTA) had written letters to the V-C after it received representation from UILS faculty seeking rotation of headship.
Moreover, the matter also came up for discussion in the Syndicate meeting held in November.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow