Memorable quotes from 2012 London Olympics
Following are some of the fun and memorable quotes from the London Olympics:
* These were happy and glorious Games.
– International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge hails London 2012 as he closes the Games with a reference to Britain's national anthem and Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee year.
* It's what I came here to do, I'm now a legend.
– Jamaica's Usain Bolt permits the world to proclaim him a sporting legend after becoming the first man to retain the 100- and 200 metres titles.
* There was no pressure. You should play in my country, then you will see pressure. They throw bricks at you.
– Croatia's Ivano Balic reacts after his side's handball semi-final defeat by France.
* It's hard to put it into words in English, it's even harder in Swedish!
– Pia Sundhage, the Sweden-born coach of the U.S. women's soccer team, talks about winning the gold medal in front of more than 80,000 fans at London's Wembley Stadium.
* I'm ready to wrestle anyone who steps across that line. If the Queen of England came out on the mat I probably would double-leg her.
– An exuberant Jason Burroughs invites all challengers after the American wrestled his way to Olympic gold.
* My mother used to tell us in the mornings, 'Carl put on your shoes, Oscar you put on your prosthetic legs... So I grew up not really thinking I had a disability. I grew up thinking I had different shoes.
– South African runner Oscar Pistorius, nicknamed 'Blade Runner' because he races on carbon fibre prosthetic blades, talks about growing up playing sports with brother Carl.
* I saw the board with number 31 on it and thought my brother had got a penalty. I thought 'What an idiot Alistair, you've got a penalty'. Then I looked at my arm and realised I was number 31.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow