Messi rejects colossal 460,000-a-week pounds offer to leave Barcelona
Lionel Messi has turned down a record-breaking 460,000-a-week pound offer to quit Barcelona, according to reports.
The Argentina superstar was stunned when an unnamed Russian side, believed to be big-spending Anzhi Makhachkala, triggered his 205 million pound release clause , the Sun reports.
Messi was also offered a mind-boggling salary totaling 24 million pound a year after tax, according to reports in Spain, the paper said.
Barcelona was obliged to accept the offer, but Messi swiftly rejected the move after discussions with president Sandro Rosell and his family, it added.
The three-time World Player of the Year then pledged his future by signing a new Barca deal.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations