Michelle Obama casts her vote for November 6 elections
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The US First Lady, Michelle Obama, has already cast her vote for the November 6 presidential election, using the "early voting" provisions of the country's electoral process.
"What a great Monday -- this morning I voted for @BarackObama, and this afternoon I was with @OFA_OH! - mo," Michelle tweeted on the micro blogging late last night, hours after her twitter handle announced that the First Lady had cast her 2012 ballot.
US President Barack Obama re-tweeted saying he would soon follow the suit. "I'm following @MichelleObama's example and voting early, on October 25," said the US President.
If it happens, it will be the first time that a presidential candidate would not vote on the Election Day.
The tweets from the US President and the First Lady came as news reports suggested that Obama was leading in early voting.
Meanwhile, the Romney Campaign challenged the poll results early voting in which Obama is leading.
"Yesterday morning, a poll was released that claimed President Obama has a "big advantage" over Governor Romney among those who have already voted. This claim can easily be proved flawed and untrue," the Romney Campaign said in a memo released Monday.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations