Microsoft launches Office 365 for businesses in India
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Software giant Microsoft today launched its Office 365 for businesses in India, which will provide seamless sharing of data across PCs and mobiles using cloud computing technology.
"Office 365 unlocks social and mobility scenarios that will allow businesses and individuals to take full advantage of cloud computing. It gives them the freedom to do things, when, where and how they want," Microsoft India Chairman Bhaskar Pramanik said.
Since the solutions are cloud-based, users can access their mails and files through a variety of devices like desktops, laptops and mobile phones and work on projects while on the move, he added.
Cloud computing facilitates sharing of technological resources, software and digital information. Since it is Internet-based, data and solutions can be accessed from anywhere using a browser.
With the suite of solutions, companies can use Office 365 for USD 6-22 (about Rs 330-1,200) per user per month and it can be installed on up to five devices for a single user under the Office 365 licensing.
"After 18 months, one in five of Microsoft's enterprise customers worldwide use the paid service, up from one in seven a year ago," Microsoft India General Manager (Customer and Partner Experience) Ramkumar Pichai said on the growing user base of Office 365.
It is one of the fastest growing businesses globally for Microsoft, since it was launched in 2011, he added.
Elaborating on the features of Office 365, Microsoft India Director (Office & Cloud) Sukhvinder Ahuja said "This service is more social, like SharePoint integrates with Yammer and Lync to provide a social platform that brings people and teams together to collaborate and share organisational knowledge and information."
The seamless capability of the suite across multiple devices -- tablets, PCs, phones -- makes its value all the more compelling, he added.
The launch is a part of Microsoft's comprehensive cloud services strategy. Microsoft 365 provides all the enterprise solutions on a flexible usage and payment model, along with security and simplified IT management.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held