Midday meal cooks threaten statewide stir
The Democratic Midday Meal Cook Front, Punjab, has threatened to launch a statewide stir in case the state government does not withdraw its decision to hand over the scheme to private contractors.
Parveen Kumari Bhoara, district president of the front, said, "This scheme is already operational in districts like Nawanshahr, Fazilka and Ferorzepur. The working of the scheme in these districts has many loopholes, and we all have seen how some groups who call themselves NGOs are actually private contractors who have taken over this scheme."
Bhoara added, "These contractors are providing very low grade of raw material from which food for schoolgoing children
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow