Midnight raid to seize ‘records’ in Himachal
According to police sources, some of the telephone recordings concern corrupt government servants. Over Rs 39 lakh cash had been seized from government servants in one year in the state with the help of traps laid by the Vigilance Bureau and clues provided by the CID. This included Himachal Administrative Services officers and PWD engineers.
However, add sources, what may have prompted the new government's action is the suspicion that the facility was being used to keep taps on top Congress leaders.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow