'Midnight's Children' to release in India on Feb 1
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Deepa Mehta's upcoming film 'Midnight's Children', an adaptation of the Booker Prize winning novel by Salman Rushdie, is all set to release in India on February 1.
The film, which had its premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival earlier this year, revolves around Saleem Sinai, who is born on the night India gains independence. Sinai's life is mysteriously linked to India's whirlwind journey of triumphs and disasters. He is also linked to all the children born on that night.
The movie stars Satya Bhabha, Shahana Goswami, Rajat Kapoor, Seema Biswas, Shriya Saran, Siddharth, Ronit Roy, Rahul Bose, Anupam Kher, Darsheel Safary, Soha Ali Khan, Shabana Azmi and Kulbhushan Kharbanda.
"Distributing Midnight's Children is a big honour. Deepa is an exceptionally brave filmmaker and Midnight's Children is a very special gem from her. We are absolutely delighted to announce February 1, 2013 as the India release date," PVR's Kamal Gianchandani said in a statement.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet